Home » Server Options » Replication » error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL (oracle 10g)
error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #313375] Fri, 11 April 2008 09:50 Go to next message
irasgo
Hello,

I am studying Replication with Oracle-10g. I have created a master group with a table and when I try to create an updatable materialized view group for the first one (using the Assistant), I get the error bellow (where, XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM is the link name).

I also put the script that the assistant create during the process.

Please, has anybody any idea?. I would appreciate any clue. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Arantza

--------------------------------

BEGIN
DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_SNAPSHOT_REPGROUP(
gname => '"MYGROUP"',
master => 'XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM',
propagation_mode => 'ASYNCHRONOUS');
END;

CREATE SNAPSHOT "MYESQU"."MYTABLE"
REFRESH COMPLETE
FOR UPDATE
AS SELECT "A", "B", "C", "D" FROM
"MYESQU"."MYTABLE"@XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM c

BEGIN
DBMS_REFRESH.ADD(
name => '"MYESQU"."REFGR"',
list => '"MYESQU"."MYTABLE"',
lax => TRUE);
END;

BEGIN
DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_SNAPSHOT_REPOBJECT(
gname => '"MYGROUP"',
sname => '"MYESQU"',
oname => '"MYTABLE"',
type => 'SNAPSHOT',
min_communication => FALSE);
END;

==================================

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier
'DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL@XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM' must be
declared
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_SNA_UTL", line 5927
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_SNA", line 82
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT", line 1332
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT", line 1307
ORA-06512: at line 2
Re: error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #313753 is a reply to message #313375] Mon, 14 April 2008 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irasgo
Hello,

I will try to give more information... The problem is with CREATE_SNAPSHOT_REPOBJECT procedure. Sometimes the " 'DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL@XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM' must be declared" error is triggered and sometimes the execution is blocked.

Best regards,

Re: error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #315455 is a reply to message #313753] Mon, 21 April 2008 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

1. Did you created DB links.

2. may i know output the blow query

select * from global_name;

For reference:

http://babudba.blogspot.com/search/label/Advanced%20Replication

Babu
Re: error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #315473 is a reply to message #313753] Mon, 21 April 2008 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irasgo
To setup the replication environment, I used the Wizard.
** The global name of master site is XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM
** The global name of materialized view site is KKKK.YY.ZZ.MM
** In MV site, there is DB link with name XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM . If I use the DB link, it works, I can access the master tables.
** The GLOBAL_NAMES parameter in both sites is TRUE.

I granted "execute on DBMSOBJGWRAPPER", and now I do not have the "PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL@XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM' must be declared" error, but when I create the updatable materialized view group sometimes the system hangs on, but sometimes everything is ok (when the wizard is executing the procedure DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_SNAPSHOT_REPOBJECT). I do not know why, because the tables are very-very small.

I have read that sometimes the problem could be with statistics about big tables, but in my case the tables are very small (two or three rows, because I use them just to understand and learn).

Best regards,
Re: error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #315572 is a reply to message #315473] Tue, 22 April 2008 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

If possible can you post output of the below query in master and mv site.

select * from global_name

Babu
Re: error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #315993 is a reply to message #315572] Wed, 23 April 2008 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irasgo
I'm sorry, but I would prefer not to post it.

Why do you need the global name? In my opinion there is not any problem with it. global_name = db_name + "." + db_domain and moreover the db link has the same name (because global_names=true)

Best regards,

Re: error creating materialized view ORA-06550 DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL [message #453549 is a reply to message #315993] Thu, 29 April 2010 10:27 Go to previous message
irasgo
Hello,

I use Oracle in an academy institution. I didn't solved the problem two years ago, and this term I have had the same problem again.

I have done more attempts to resolve the problem, and now, though I'm not completely sure, I think that the origin of the problem could be that the master table didn't have a primary key defined.

In my last attempts, when the table has a primary key everything is ok, and when the table doesn't have primary key there is an error of this type:
PLS-00201: identifier
'DBMSOBJGWRAPPER.GENERATE_DDL@XXXX.YY.ZZ.MM' must be declared

Best regards,
Previous Topic: Network Requirements for Oracle Multi Master Replication
Next Topic: ORA-00997
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:13:56 CDT 2024