Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » SAP related questions (SAP All In One)
SAP related questions [message #351735] Thu, 02 October 2008 15:12 Go to next message
evkqdi
I am aware of the fact that folks in the SAP world like to keep their eyes on their competition (Oracle solutions), so I am striving to do the same the other way. I would be very interested to know your opinion about the following questions regarding SAP All-In-One, as I am not that familiar with this solution. I read quite a few posts on different sap forums and sites but I didn't find much real life experience about AIO..

1. First of all is my understanding of SAP All-In-One correct: SAP AIO is actually a MySAP solution but AIO is 99% preconfigured. The more customers start to play around with the configurations, the more the implementation becomes a MySap implementation rather than a SAP AIO (regarding time and costs). So to sum up, mostly companies who accept the industry standard processes will go with the AIO, otherwise MySAP might be a better solution (in general).

2. What is the difference between MySap and SAP All-In-One regarding manpower and upgrade costs? So: Does SAPs All-In-One solution require an in-house database administrator too? Is the upgrade process of SAP All-In-One similar to MySAP (usually an upgrade is more likely a re-implementation)? In case of SAP All-In-One doesn’t the maintenance cover significant part of the upgrade?

3. For pricing I checked the SAP All-In-One Solution Configurator Tool (http://www.configurator.ch/dojo/apps/us/solution-configurator-v015.jsp?lang=en). The tool limits the number of employees between 10 and 400, and the number of users between 10 and 70. Do you know why?! As far as I know All-In-One can be implemented in larger companies as well… Or am I wrong?! Do you have an idea how to get started with the calculations if the numbers I want to check are higher than 400 / 70?

Regards,

Peter

[Updated on: Thu, 02 October 2008 15:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SAP related questions [message #353102 is a reply to message #351735] Sat, 11 October 2008 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tburkhar
Peter,

By accident, I have found this Oracle forum. My Name is Thomas Burkhardt, I am from Switzerland and I used to work 10 years for SAP, always in the midmarket. Now I work for an SAP Partner.
I am the inventor & creator of the SAP Business All-in-One solution configurator (You can verify this under http://www.fsn.co.uk/channel_mid_range_accounting/sap_configurator_takes_the_pain_out_of_erp_selection.htm and under http://www.fsn.co.uk/webinar/landing_pages/sap_business_all_in_one_configurator.htm, there you also find a canned interview with me as the inventor of the configurator).
First of all, I feel peronally honored that "my baby" - the solution configurator - is discussed in an Oracle forum ..Wink

Let me give you some answers to your question raised:
1)In reality, the SAP A1 preconfiguration matches 70%-90% of the customer's requirements. So you can add 10%-30% to the services cost shown by the configurator and you have, what the customer is really paying for his SAP implementation. (The configurator calculation represents a customer using 100% of the preconfiguration, which is rare).

2) An SAP lower midmarket installation of 30-70 Users does not need a full time system administrator. Usually it requires in an u & running SAP environment about a 20% IT FTE.
SAP Maintenance covers the software part of the release upgrade in the case of "mySAP" as well as A1. The services for a lower midmarket relese upgrade are, given the customer has stayed within the SAP standard, around 15-40 man days.

3) Since I have created the mathematical model built in the configurator, I can confirm your assumption that the configurator would calculate correctly even for over 1000 users.
In Switzerland (www.configurator.ch , the you see the colorful version 1 of the configurator) we have limited the configurator to a 500 user maximum in order to make clear that it is primarily a midmarket tool. The marketing of SAP US has decided to limit the user numbers in the US to the figures you have mentioned in your poll.
You can find all available country versions of the configurator under
http://www.sap.com/solutions/sme/businessallinone/configurator/index.epx)

So, in summary: SAP is alive and kicking in the midmarket!

Cheers,
Thomas Burkhardt
thomas.burkhardt.sap@gmail.com

Re: SAP related questions [message #386489 is a reply to message #353102] Sun, 15 February 2009 21:32 Go to previous message
akrish1982
impressive, Thomas, impressive...... Smile
Previous Topic: Batch Overview Document for Retail Sales Audit
Next Topic: Why SAP recommends HASH_JOIN_ENABLED = FALSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:48:10 CDT 2024