Home » Server Options » Replication » How to create physical standby database without data guard (Oracle SE 10.2.0.4)
How to create physical standby database without data guard [message #422448] Wed, 16 September 2009 09:32 Go to next message
aashi1

Hi All,

I would need to create a physical standby database for DR without using data guard. I like to know in more details like

1. What would be required to switch over to standby database in case of failure of primary database? Is it going to be a manual process each time, or can be automated using scripts?

2. How the archive logs will be applied to standby database in timely manner to sync with primary database?

3. How the Primary database will be synch with Standby database once the issue resolved on primary database.

4. Where do I get a complete script to create physical standby database on Windows platform?

Thank you in advance. Please provide me all the necessarily details.

Ali
Re: How to create physical standby database without data guard [message #422486 is a reply to message #422448] Wed, 16 September 2009 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Before posting please read

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: How to create physical standby database without data guard [message #422487 is a reply to message #422486] Wed, 16 September 2009 15:17 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>1. What would be required to switch over to standby database in case of failure of primary database? Is it going to be a manual process each time, or can be automated using scripts?

>>2. How the archive logs will be applied to standby database in timely manner to sync with primary database?

>>3. How the Primary database will be synch with Standby database once the issue resolved on primary database.

Manual Method.

4. Where do I get a complete script to create physical standby database on Windows platform?

Understand Manual swithover/failover & search here

http://tahiti.oracle.com/
Previous Topic: I need to setup database replication with updatable materialized view
Next Topic: Problem with advance replication from Master to Mv and Mv to Master
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:49:44 CDT 2024