Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle forms 4.5 | Up-gradation to 11i Vs Upgrade to totally different technology like Web based etc (Forms latest technologies web based)
icon5.gif  Oracle forms 4.5 | Up-gradation to 11i Vs Upgrade to totally different technology like Web based etc [message #474878] Thu, 09 September 2010 08:15 Go to next message
heyit
Hi All,

We have an application running in Forms 4.5 (with crystal report). This application is fully functioning and we are planning to use it for next 5-6 years at least.

Since this is in Forms 4.5 we are unable to make any changes ro enhancement etc.

We have 2 choices:
- Upgrade to the Oracle Forms version which is being currently support by Oracle (probably 11i or something close to it)
- Upgrade the entire application to something else totally different like web based etc.

I'm requesting for suggestions with pros and cons and would appreciate any kind recommendation or comment.

Thank You,
Sandy
Re: Oracle forms 4.5 | Up-gradation to 11i Vs Upgrade to totally different technology like Web based [message #497345 is a reply to message #474878] Fri, 04 March 2011 21:03 Go to previous message
PITSS
Hi
Without a more detailed look at the application it is difficult to make a recommendation (depending on complexity of business logic implemented).

To upgrade to 11g is certainly the easiest and fastest - we have just migrated a 400 Forms-Module App from 4.5 to 11g in only 4 days.

We recommend to follow Oracle's Statement of Direction for Forms where you may pursue a phased approach to introduce new Java (ADF) technologies to your application (after you have upgraded to 11g).

If you are interested to hear more details about the project mentioned above or the migration to Java (ADF) - please contact us at the following link.

http://www.pitssamerica.com/
Previous Topic: Migration 5i to 6i (merged)
Next Topic: how to validate primary key fields in forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 16:25:16 CDT 2024