Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » validation items (oracle 10g,window xp)
validation items [message #492788] Wed, 02 February 2011 10:03 Go to next message
helloworld_28
hi,

i am doing simple project , i have tricky validation.project about donor's food reserve for private organization. i have three fields reserved date(rdate),food type(dinner,fullmeal etc) amount. food type am going to use lov of another table. vadiation is rdate should not clash with new donor aganist pervious donor who reserved. and another validation if donor reserve fullmeal it should not allow breakfast and dinner,etc on same day.but if donor books breakfast on a day ,another donor can book dinner on same day.but i have doubt where i have to write vadiation code on when_validate_item or when_validate_record or some other trigger.please help me . i hope you understand what iam trying to say.
Re: validation items [message #492790 is a reply to message #492788] Wed, 02 February 2011 10:21 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
If you need to compare multiple items in the current datablock record use when-validate-record.
e.g. you want to make sure a start date is less than an end date.
If you need to do some checks for the data in the current item against data in another table, or another record in the same table, use when-validate-item.

Sounds like you want item in each case.
Previous Topic: Global Variable
Next Topic: HI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 16:22:45 CDT 2024