Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms/Reports 6i compatibility with Windows 2007 (Forms 6i, Database 8i)
Forms/Reports 6i compatibility with Windows 2007 [message #500003] Thu, 17 March 2011 03:40 Go to next message
Derek N
We are planning on upgrading from XP to Windows 2007. We are running Forms/Reports 6i (client server). Is 6i compatible with Windows 2007?

Read of downloading *dll files to make it compatible. Has anyone tried this? Can anyone point me to any comments made by Oracle regarding 6i and Windows 2007 compatibility?

Thanks
Re: Forms/Reports 6i compatibility with Windows 2007 [message #500005 is a reply to message #500003] Thu, 17 March 2011 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is "Windows 2007"? Is it Windows 7, perhaps? I've never heard of "2007" version.

Windows 7 does not (and will not, as far as I know) support Developer Suite 6i tools. It doesn't support 10g DS either so ... think twice.

In order to use Developer Suite 10g, I installed Virtual Box with MS Windows XP and use Forms and Reports on a virtual machine. That's kind of stupid if you are going to use it in production, as end user. What will be Windows 7 used for, then? Reading mail and writing memos? But, that's the way it is and there's nothing much you can do about it.

More (official) information might be available on My Oracle Support; can't search for it at the moment.
Re: Forms/Reports 6i compatibility with Windows 2007 [message #500011 is a reply to message #500003] Thu, 17 March 2011 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj.Gupta.91
Hi,

Some days back I installed Developer 6i on Windows 7 machine. It is working fine till now but only thing that I'm not able to open it's help because help is not compatible with the current version. There may be some other compatibility issue but I've not encountered any other.

I also installed 10g on Windows 7 machine. It has many compatibility issues. I'm not able to run my form eventhough report ran fine. I didn't try much but I'm sure that 10g gonna be a problem on Windows 7 machine.

Thanks & Regards
Manoj
Re: Forms/Reports 6i compatibility with Windows 2007 [message #500021 is a reply to message #500011] Thu, 17 March 2011 04:45 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Right; I've seen people being able to install different Oracle development tools on different (unsupported) operating systems. For some of them, it seems that tools *work*, but not as they used to (for example, Forms Builder starts, but you are unable to open a form because Builder crashes). Basically, there's no guarantee that unsupported combination will work properly, so all you do is at your own risk. If that's for someone's amusement, that's OK, but for production - I don't think that this is the right approach.
Previous Topic: Marquee Effect in Form
Next Topic: changes made in forms not getting effected in front end
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 16:26:01 CDT 2024