Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path (forms 6i)
icon5.gif  how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path [message #504686] Wed, 27 April 2011 06:38 Go to next message
Motasem
I need to call pdf file in oracle form 6i without specify the path of adobe acrobat reader .
how to do that?
i.e.:
AppID := DDE.App_Begin(<path where you have winword.exe in your system> <path of the document you wish to open>,DDE.APP_MODE_NORMAL);

i dont need to write ths part
<path where you have winword.exe in your system>

that because in our company we have several virgins of acrobat reader and i really need to call pdf file and make the call statement public

thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2011 07:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path [message #505796 is a reply to message #504686] Thu, 05 May 2011 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Motasem
Any Help
Any Idea...
Re: how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path [message #505902 is a reply to message #505796] Thu, 05 May 2011 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What happens if you omit the path, but simply name the PDF file? I *hope* that Windows will know that PDFs are opened by Adobe Acrobat Reader and won't ask anything - just open it. You know, as if you double-clicked the PDF file in Windows Explorer - you don't have to right-click and choose Open With ...; PDF file will be opened anyhow.
Re: how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path [message #506234 is a reply to message #505902] Sat, 07 May 2011 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Motasem
yes the windows know how to open it
go to run and write the path of pdf file --> enter --> it open
but try the same idea in oracle form it doesnt work.
i need a way to do that ...
its not about pdf files only but also any file "word, excel, ... etc"
Re: how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path [message #511077 is a reply to message #506234] Thu, 09 June 2011 09:06 Go to previous message
martorell
Try reading path at the registry.

For Excel:
excel_path := Win_Api_Environment.Read_Registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\EXCEL.EXE\shell\Open\command',NULL,TRUE);
excel_path := rtrim(substr(excel_path, 1, instr(excel_path, '/', 1, 1)-1));
appid := dde.app_begin(excel_path||' '||p_path_spreadsheet||p_spreadsheet, dde.app_mode_minimized );
Previous Topic: Connection problem whit Oracle Forms 6i.
Next Topic: Master Detail from One Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 09:00:58 CDT 2024