Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to design a Simple Graph (forms 10g)
How to design a Simple Graph [message #508585] Mon, 23 May 2011 05:08 Go to next message
TAHIRJADI

Dear Respected,
How to design a Simple Graph?Kindly help me.
Re: How to design a Simple Graph [message #510230 is a reply to message #508585] Fri, 03 June 2011 01:25 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, that is not a simple task (as it used to be in 6i version, when there was the Graphics Builder). As you probably know, the "Chart Item" toolbar icon is useless. It is, most probably, here only for backward compatibility. You can "draw" a chart item, set some of its properties (such as source data block, X and Y axes items), but that's far from enough as you'll end up with "FRM-30085: Unable to adjust form for output" error.

So, what to do? Frank Nimphius created Java Bean. On OTN Forms News Archive page, you'll find Quote:
BI Graph Patch for Forms 10g: Patch and additional features available to the BI Graph demo bean for Oracle Forms 10g
which dates from 2-Feb-2005. ZIP file name is "formsgraph_patch2005.zip".

These were good news. Bad news is that the link is broken and you can't download it from that location. The file doesn't exist on My Oracle Support either. Googling for it returned this page which offers file download, but - I have never heard of that site, and have no idea whether it is secure or not (so I'll leave it up to you).

You might try to contact Oracle, Frank Nimphius himself, or simply forget about chart items in Forms and create that chart in some other tool (Oracle Reports, for example) and call it from your form.
Previous Topic: Need to get conditional Window apprea in the form
Next Topic: Save > Delete > Save > Insert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 09:00:38 CDT 2024