Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions
Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions [message #508671] Mon, 23 May 2011 20:16 Go to next message
coolguy01
There are 2 people on separate machines each executing a transaction through the same form, processed through a when-button-pressed trigger.The first session processed correctly. For the second user, the session seems to have picked up the non-PACKAGE variables of the first session in what was passed through to the data base. Values associated with the 2nd session's PACKAGE-based types appear to have passed through correctly. Hence, the second user's transaction processed with a combination of values from the two sessions, with the second user's PACKAGE-based variables merged with the first user's non-PACKAGE variables. There is no use of context variables. There are some global values, but none of them are used in this trigger.The values in question, that appear to have passed from the first session to the second, are based on contextual LOV selection: after selecting a transaction type, users are prompted to select from a LoV specific to that type. Value property set "Validate from List=>Yes". The 2nd session's PACKAGE-based values do not correlate to the non-PACKAGE values, leading us to conclude that the latter values somehow came through from the first session. We are running IAS 10g R2 on Oracle 10gR2 (10.2.0.3).Each user session is created as user logs into the application and hence logically there should not be any overlap between sessions of different users concurrently.

I did have a look at the code and predict nothin wrong with the source code since the system has been in use for a few years now and only occurred a couple of times in last few months. Also one more noticeable thing is that the issue is not reproducible. I would believe somethin goin wrong in the middle tear or with the session management. Are there any known issues in session management in the Forms server Or something?
Re: Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions [message #508813 is a reply to message #508671] Tue, 24 May 2011 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolguy01
Also note this issue is not reproducible .. its just happened only a couple of times in the last few years. Can there ever be a valid reason like one in a million times where 2 sessions had been created with the same session ID or something? Since the issue is not reproducible just trying to understand what might be the reason this could have occurred?

Re: Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions [message #508814 is a reply to message #508813] Tue, 24 May 2011 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Since it's unreproducable my default assumption would be miss-diagnosis.
If each form session has it's own private DB session then I don't see anyway this can happen.
I'm hazy on forms application server setup, having not used forms in a while, are you sure it doesn't use connection pooling?
Re: Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions [message #508819 is a reply to message #508814] Tue, 24 May 2011 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolguy01
I mentioned it might not be a problem with the code since we tried to execute the same transaction again and the second time it went through fine. So i guess somethin went wrong with the environment which made the transcations behave so the first time. Both the times when the errors have occured the system was on JRE 1.6.18 and all the client OS are windows vista. But now the JRE has been upgraded to JRE 1.6.22 and havnt seen anythin go wrong in a while. So do you think it might be a JRE bug?

Re: Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions [message #508830 is a reply to message #508819] Tue, 24 May 2011 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Possible I guess, don't know enough about how it works to say really.
Re: Session variable values overwritten between transactions in different sessions [message #508996 is a reply to message #508830] Wed, 25 May 2011 09:08 Go to previous message
coolguy01
Yup I guess oracle forms 10g dosent have the connection pool feature.Each running applet have corresponding frm server process on the middle tier. This frm process maintain persistent connection to the Database via sql*net.
Previous Topic: Date-comparison in default_where clause
Next Topic: Can we place tab canvas into content canvas?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 09:14:48 CDT 2024