Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form Builder LOV
Form Builder LOV [message #509510] Sun, 29 May 2011 00:11 Go to next message
moe_k
hi i have a table called equipment containing engine_type_id.

in the equipment form that is based on the equipment table, i added a non database item called engine_type.

i added an LOV for the engine type field, so that the user can choose the engine type from the the egine types table. i made the engine type id hidden. and set the validate item from LOV to yes.

on post query trigger, i selected the engine type into the nondatabase field.

the form is working properly.

when i push CTRL F11 (query) and scroll, even if i didnt change anything the form builder asks me , do u want to save changes.

how can i solve this issue..

thank u
Re: Form Builder LOV [message #509514 is a reply to message #509510] Sun, 29 May 2011 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Because you changed the item in post-query that caused the LOV validation to fire. This caused the engine_type_id to be marked as changed (even though the value was the same). This causes the record to be marked as changed and so the save changes message.
Use
set_item_propery(<engine_type>, item_is_valid, property_true)

In the post-query trigger after you set that item to avoid the validation firing.

You should use that set_item_property whenever you set an item in post-query.
Re: Form Builder LOV [message #509630 is a reply to message #509514] Mon, 30 May 2011 12:23 Go to previous message
moe_k
Thank u Smile it worked well..
Previous Topic: iconic
Next Topic: Can not exit_form properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 09:17:04 CDT 2024