Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Connection problem whit Oracle Forms 6i. (Oracle DB, 11G, Windows 7 )
icon4.gif  Connection problem whit Oracle Forms 6i. [message #510830] Wed, 08 June 2011 00:41 Go to next message
itralarcon

Hello,

I´m just having a problem whit the conection between Oracle Forms 6i and Oracle Database 11G. Is just when i login to the database schema i cant log in using Forms.

TNS Names its already configured, No problems when i log in using Toad and using the TNS Names from Developer's 6i tool. I can log in just when i change the schema(user) password from the database (thats the rarest thing) and log into the application.

So whenever i want to login to the application i must to change the schema password, i need to use it directly... Any ideas?

One more thing, the Toad advise me to change schema password sometimes...
Re: Connection problem whit Oracle Forms 6i. [message #510836 is a reply to message #510830] Wed, 08 June 2011 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The problem might be the fact that environment you use is not certified in different ways: Windows 7 is not (and never will be) certified with Forms 6i. Forms 6i is not (and, most probably, also will never be) certified with database 11g. It means that making your application work correctly is, well, possible, but not probable.

There are some workarounds (how to connect Forms 6i with 11g database), but these are not supported by Oracle (if you search, OTN Forums for example, you might find some advices). Therefore, your best option might be upgrading application to Forms 10g, or downgrading database to 10g.

As of TOAD's advice: it is right - you SHOULD periodically change passwords.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2011 00:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connection problem whit Oracle Forms 6i. [message #510943 is a reply to message #510836] Wed, 08 June 2011 09:22 Go to previous message
itralarcon

Ok, i know that... thank you for response, but anybody here have fixed this problem?
Previous Topic: FRM-40654
Next Topic: how to call pdf file in form without specify reader path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 08:57:27 CDT 2024