Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » handle huge number of rows in data block
handle huge number of rows in data block [message #511758] Tue, 14 June 2011 23:01 Go to next message
sethumurugan
Hi,

I have a situation where I need to read a huge number of rows, say in lakhs and then need to populate it in data block.

Since it is having huge data am never able to run the form. it hangs after some time. when i test with few rows it is working. so no problem in coding.

Can any one suggest a method how to handl this situation?
Re: handle huge number of rows in data block [message #511774 is a reply to message #511758] Wed, 15 June 2011 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What will you do with such a huge amount of records? Nobody is capable of viewing them all and "do something", so - what is the requirement here?

As of your question: did you check block's "Records" properties (such as query array size, number of records buffered)? See Forms tuning techniques (especially Block property tips).
Re: handle huge number of rows in data block [message #511780 is a reply to message #511774] Wed, 15 June 2011 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sethumurugan
actually we need to display the list of part numbers required to produce a truck. we have provided a report also. but the user department requires to be displayed in form.

this problem has been solved by converting the block in DB block

thanks
Re: handle huge number of rows in data block [message #511782 is a reply to message #511780] Wed, 15 June 2011 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why didn't you initially create it as a data block?
Re: handle huge number of rows in data block [message #511785 is a reply to message #511782] Wed, 15 June 2011 02:32 Go to previous message
sethumurugan
actually that was n't my task. some one has already done it and someone was trying to fix it.

it was refered to me provide a solution. When I was discussing on forum we were trying to solve it parellay and solved it.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: can i highlight the record in a block
Next Topic: oracle.forms.webutil.CApiFunctions bean not found.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 09:02:54 CDT 2024