Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » update route sequence number if change any one (merged 2) (oracle developer 6i)
update route sequence number if change any one (merged 2) [message #530290] Mon, 07 November 2011 09:39 Go to next message
hitechsolutions

Hi Grues
i have one form charity box location
there is only one primary key box_id and another column is route sequence , route sequences are frequently changed , like
rout No -1
Box No Sequence number
1 5
4 7
7 4
9 1
3 2
2 6
5 3
8 11
121 9
34 10
23 8

and so on.............
if i change sequence number 3 into 7 for box number 5 then rest of sequence should automatically update like in Excel sheet ,if you change any value in sequence number then following number automatically generate sequence

Re: update route sequence number if change any one (merged 2) [message #530296 is a reply to message #530290] Mon, 07 November 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I can't think of any way of doing that automatically. Forms doesn't allow for changing multiple records automatically.
I would create a button and write code in the when-button-pressed trigger to loop over all the records in the DB, update them appropriately and re-query the data back into the form.
This does rely on the users pressing the button.
Re: update route sequence number if change any one (merged 2) [message #530826 is a reply to message #530296] Thu, 10 November 2011 18:58 Go to previous message
hitechsolutions

Thanks for reply , could you please send me code
table and block name is box_location
column name is root sequence
actually i am now one in developer form and little bit confused , your prompt response would highly appreciated
With Best Regards
Previous Topic: GETTING ERROR FOR forms_ole.get_interface_pointer('b_main_prospect_info.mscomm_ocx')
Next Topic: go_item() fires when-validate-item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:30:21 CDT 2024