Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling an applet from Oracle Forms (Oracle Forms 10)
Calling an applet from Oracle Forms [message #531572] Wed, 16 November 2011 17:18 Go to next message
ghutto

In a form in Order Management, I need to use some information on the page and send it to an applet, currently a JFrame. That applet will then call out to do some credit card work and then return an approval code. At that point I have to update a field on the form with that approval code.

Okay, that is it in a nutshell. Basically, how can I call out to an applet from within an Oracle form? If I can get all the information to the applet I can easily update the database.

If this is not enough information, please let me know and I'll get what I can. I really hope some of you gurus can give me some good information.
Re: Calling an applet from Oracle Forms [message #531667 is a reply to message #531572] Thu, 17 November 2011 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parthaspaul

You can call applet using WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT built in .
Please check oracle forms help.
Re: Calling an applet from Oracle Forms [message #531796 is a reply to message #531667] Thu, 17 November 2011 12:33 Go to previous message
ghutto

Thanks! Looking at WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT it appears I can pass parameters with the URL easily enough, but what about the response string coming back? I have to update the calling ORacle Form with a code that returns and it doesn't seem as if WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT will allow me to. Any other suggestions?
Previous Topic: dynmaically changing the record group
Next Topic: Getting Started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:13:20 CDT 2024