Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can Barcode read by Developer Forms 6i (Oracle Developer, Forms 6i, Windows Xp)
Can Barcode read by Developer Forms 6i [message #532057] Sun, 20 November 2011 02:23 Go to next message
azamkhan
Hi Guys,

I want to know can Oracle Forms 6i read data throught a BarCode scanner device.

And is there any website that provides different Oracle Data Link Libraries (DLL files) that can be attached to Forms or Reports to provide different utilities to Forms?

Regards,
Azam Khan

Re: Can Barcode read by Developer Forms 6i [message #532058 is a reply to message #532057] Sun, 20 November 2011 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itralarcon

A BarCode Scanner is just like a copy/paste, copy the physical barcode from product and paste it on a textbox or another component. So no matter the Programation Language. Barcode can be a system font on your OS.

Te important thing here is that you can save the barcode for a specific product maybe in the product table and assign it to the product.

Remember that a barcode is just another font and represent a letter, you can see more about this right here: http://www.dafont.com/barcode-font.font

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2011 02:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can Barcode read by Developer Forms 6i [message #532136 is a reply to message #532058] Sun, 20 November 2011 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Thanksssssssssssss alot my dear friend Itralarcon. But can you also tell me how to integrate a BarCode Scanner with my forms.

I mean suppose I have a BarCode device and I have installed it on my Pc also. Then after scanning a barcode of a product how can I get this barcode number in a text field of my form that has just been scanned.

Regards,
Azam
Re: Can Barcode read by Developer Forms 6i [message #532138 is a reply to message #532136] Mon, 21 November 2011 00:11 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Barcode scanners I used were attached on the same cable as the keyboard, so a form accepted anything that came along that cable - didn't make any difference whether someone typed that code on the keyboard or scanned it with a scanner. From the form's point of view, focus should be in an item that is supposed to contain a barcode (i.e. cursor is blinking in that item). Then you'd simply read the barcode and its contents would appear in an item.
Previous Topic: Timer (Counting time till form remains idle)
Next Topic: Library Needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:06:19 CDT 2024