Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Running Oracle 10g DS and Oracle Forms 11g on same OS and on same machine (Oracle Forms 10g DS, Oracle Forms 11g)
Running Oracle 10g DS and Oracle Forms 11g on same OS and on same machine [message #534565] Wed, 07 December 2011 05:39 Go to next message
skm_inn
Hi,

I have installed both Oracle Forms 10DS and Oracle Forms 11g on same OS (XP SP2) and same machine.
My Problem is whenver i am running FMB
in forms 11g
at runtime it is displaying blank page in the browser or throwing error
FRM-93550: cannot connect to runtime process: no response from newly created runtime process
in forms 10g
at runtime it is running fine.
In Windows PATH :
Oracle 10gforms related path is set before 11g related path and also Oracle 10g forms path is the first value of PATH.

DB is Oracle 11g

But, when i change the path setting to bring Oracle Forms 11g path as the starting path and after that forms 10g path and then restart weblogic and form builder,
Forms 11g starts working fine but Forms 10g starts throwing error similar to the abve mentioned error and when i rollback the path changes then forms 11g stops working and forms 10 starts.

Is their any way to modify the path setting in such a way (either manually or at runtime) so that i don't have to manually set the path every time.

Please help.
Thanks and Regards,
SK
Re: Running Oracle 10g DS and Oracle Forms 11g on same OS and on same machine [message #534640 is a reply to message #534565] Thu, 08 December 2011 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skm_inn
Hi,

I got the solution.
The solution is:

Keep the Oracle Forms 10g related path values first and then Oracle forms 11g path values in the Windows Environment PATH variable.

This will allow Oracle Forms 10g DS to work smoothly and for Oracle Forms 11g,

modify the PATCH_PATH (windows) of weblogic in the USERDOMAINHOME\setDomainEnv.cmd file and add Oracle Forms 11g related paths there.

This will update the local path variable being used by weblogic as a result Forms 11g will also find its files in the path and run smoothly.

Thanks and Regards,
SK

Re: Running Oracle 10g DS and Oracle Forms 11g on same OS and on same machine [message #534647 is a reply to message #534640] Thu, 08 December 2011 01:59 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you for letting us know.

I don't use Forms 11 so there was nothing I could suggest, but I'm sure that more and more people will switch over to that (Forms 11) version and, hopefully, your experience will help someone.
Previous Topic: Cannot display image from blob column in stored procedure
Next Topic: Printing a word document in oracle form 10g.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:33:18 CDT 2024