Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) (Forms 6i, Windows 7)
Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539459] Mon, 16 January 2012 03:24 Go to next message
bijuandenb
Dear, I am a started in this forum and a novice in the Or.forms.
I am using Forms 6i,Oracle 10g.
In a form I created, I have 3 blocks, first is a toolbar type with buttons to save, exit etc., other two are one master and detail data block.

Pls someone tell me how to get the default Oracle toolbar with the buttons, save, delete etc. I dont get in my form.

When the cursor is inside the detail block and then I click on an EnterQuery button in the first block, how do I clear the detail block, using the on btn press code.

What happens when I click the Enter Query button, is that the cursor and current block becomes the button block and when I run the command ENTER_QUERY, no use.

I need to set the block in which the cursor is to be cleared for query, whether it is master or detail, by pressing the button on the first block.

Can someone pls help me.

Thanks
Biju
Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539468 is a reply to message #539459] Mon, 16 January 2012 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You need to sort out the toolbar and then the other issues go away automatically.
Unfortunately I don't know how having never had to set it up myself but some others around here should.
Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539472 is a reply to message #539468] Mon, 16 January 2012 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomcrzy

Hi bijuandenb,

"Pls someone tell me how to get the default Oracle toolbar with the buttons, save, delete etc."

In my knowledge i don't know there is something exists in forms like you mentioned above.may be using some procedures..

if you want to clear the block while entering the master details use execute_query,show_view,go_block,clear_block.

may be , i don't know! is this you really meant for?.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 January 2012 04:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539501 is a reply to message #539472] Mon, 16 January 2012 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
bijuandenb
how to get the default Oracle toolbar with the buttons

Open form's Property Palette window and put "DEFAULT&SMARTBAR" into the Menu Module property.

Quote:
I need to set the block in which the cursor is to be cleared for query, whether it is master or detail, by pressing the button on the first block.

Does it mean that EVERY block has its own toolbar (or, at least querying buttons)? If so, that's kind of strange.

Anyway, entering query mode in any block will ... well, put that (current) block into a query mode (clear its contents and wait for you to enter some values and, finally, execute query). So, if you are currently in a detail block, ENTER QUERY will put DETAIL block into a query mode. If there is a value in a master block, you'll be able to query only that master record's detail records.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Cookiemonster

I don't know how having never had to set it up

/forum/fa/1580/0/ Too much editing?
Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539506 is a reply to message #539501] Mon, 16 January 2012 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I don't know how to get forms to use the default toolbar (now I do). The forms project I used to work on had standard templates for forms that sorted that out for you. I assumed it was automatic.
Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539513 is a reply to message #539506] Mon, 16 January 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not talking about that, but your sentence ("how having never had") ... Eh? How having what?

I thought that you were editing that line and forgot to fix it before submitting the message.
Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539515 is a reply to message #539513] Mon, 16 January 2012 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Ah, does an extra comma or two help?

Unfortunately I don't know how, having never had to set it up myself, but some others around here should.
Re: Clear a block for enter query mode (merged 5) [message #539545 is a reply to message #539515] Tue, 17 January 2012 00:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oh yes, that's much better (at least for me, a non-native speaker). Thank you!
Previous Topic: about captcha in forms
Next Topic: Professional DataLoader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 15:54:32 CDT 2024