Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » developer suite 10 g (windows xp)
developer suite 10 g [message #542289] Mon, 06 February 2012 07:01 Go to next message
mrdb

Hi
I am using forms 6i and running a windows application
now i need know the steps involved in developing a appication in developer suite 10g and compiling and testing it in the local system

Thanks,
Re: developer suite 10 g [message #542293 is a reply to message #542289] Mon, 06 February 2012 07:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Install Developer Suite 10g. If you'll have both versions (6i and 10g), make sure to install a new product into its own directory (i.e. Oracle Home).

In order to create forms, start Forms Developer and OC4J instance (otherwise you won't be able to run your forms). While in Forms Developer, go to Edit - Preferences menu and set (on the Runtime tab) "Application server URL" (for example, http://localhost:8890/forms90/f90servlet) and "Web browser location" (I'd suggest you to use MS Internet Explorer (IE)). Then, in IE, go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced tab and set "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer".

As you'll now have several Oracle products, I'd suggest you to set TNS_ADMIN system variable which will point to a single TNSNAMES.ORA which will be used by all of these products.

I guess that's all ...
Previous Topic: how to base a block on left join
Next Topic: 10g, 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 17:05:37 CDT 2024