Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Populating values to Record Group from Multi record Datablock of Forms (Oracle Forms 11g)
Populating values to Record Group from Multi record Datablock of Forms [message #561969] Thu, 26 July 2012 08:34 Go to next message
muralimanohar
My procedure proc_ex is in when_validate_item trigger
I have one Multi Record data block in my form with values in its items
I need to Populate multi record block values to one Record Group using
add_group_row,
add_group_column,
set_group_char_cell to populate values to record group
Let us suppose my multi record data block looks like

item1 item2 item3 item4
10 20 50 70
25 15 30 45
45 90 47 38
75 25 85 90
30 56 78 80

Can any on please tell me how to populate these multi record datablock values to Record Group ???..Eagerly waiting for your Replies...Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2012 08:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Populating values to Record Group from Multi record Datablock of Forms [message #561997 is a reply to message #561969] Thu, 26 July 2012 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I can think of three options:
1) Loop through the records in the datablock using first_record / next_record
2) Make sure each record is posted to the DB and read the data from the DB using a select statement.
3) Get all the values when the data is queried/inserted in the first place (using post-query and post-insert) then modify individual rows in the group as the corresponding block row is modified

You can't do option 1 from a when-validate-item trigger. So that leaves options 2 or 3.
Re: Populating values to Record Group from Multi record Datablock of Forms [message #562007 is a reply to message #561997] Thu, 26 July 2012 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muralimanohar
but my procedure containing code is called in when_validate_item trigger...since in this trigger go_block(),go_item(),next_record ..these are restricted..can not use in this trigger...can you please suggest using record group
Re: Populating values to Record Group from Multi record Datablock of Forms [message #562035 is a reply to message #562007] Fri, 27 July 2012 04:28 Go to previous message
Maaher
That is what cookiemonster said: option 1 is not available. I have a couple of questions:
1. How do you populate your multirecord block? If it is a basetable block: use the query to populate that block to populate the record group.
2. Can you modify the multirecord block (i.e. has the block insert/update allowed set to true?).

Basically, you want to have the same data in your multirecord block as in your record group. Depending on your answers the solution might be different.

MHE
Previous Topic: read excel data into datablock, excel is on server not on client m/c
Next Topic: data not displaying from main database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 16:26:25 CDT 2024