Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » After LOV (Forms Developer 10g Windows 7)
After LOV [message #562710] Fri, 03 August 2012 11:52 Go to next message
bmandrews81
I have a master - detail form and an LOV that will provide all of the data inserted into the detail block of the form. I would like for the user to select an item from the LOV which populates all of the fields in the detail row.

The detail block only has a database column for the master block primary key column and a database column for the primary key from the items table that will be associated with items from the master block.

The other columns in the detail block are all display columns so the user can see what they selected.

My detail block is displaying 10 rows so when a user selects one item from the LOV it adds it to the first row but when they add the second item from the LOV it just updates the first row with the new selection.

What I would like to have is once the first row is populated then the cursor moves to the next_record of the detail block and the values of the second selection be inserted and repeat the process for as many details as the user selects.

I have tried placing a next_record command on the WHEN-VALIDAE-ITEM and POST-TEXT-ITEM triggers of the database columns in the details block and also tried WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD at the block level and that did not work either.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Re: After LOV [message #562720 is a reply to message #562710] Fri, 03 August 2012 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you invoke list of values? Is it a button? If so, you should put it into EVERY detail record so that user simply navigates between them and opens a LoV that belongs to that record.

As of populating all (display) items: two ways I can think of - the first one is to create a LoV which will do the job, or - maybe a better idea - to create a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM on the database item which would SELECT all those display items. The same query would be used in POST-QUERY trigger in a case when user queries the master record (if you don't use POST-QUERY, only database detail item will be populated while the remaining non-database items will remain empty).
Re: After LOV [message #562737 is a reply to message #562720] Sat, 04 August 2012 00:55 Go to previous message
dude4084
isn't about changing block level property?

Navigation Style = Change Record ??

Previous Topic: webutil
Next Topic: Oracle Forms check Box / submit button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 16:19:51 CDT 2024