Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » which exception to caught (Oracle Forms 10g)
which exception to caught [message #563308] Sun, 12 August 2012 04:39 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
Exceptions are caught properly but i dont know at what time which block's exception is to raised at what time. I have used 'Raise form_trigger_failure' in every exception so that whenever some exception happens, the form stops there. Let me explain the procedure calling structure

Procedure Commit_trans is

--Variable declarations

begin

get_rows; -- calling some procedure

begin
   --some update statement or insert statement

exception
   --exception handed properly

end;

exception
   --exception handed properly for commit_trans

end;

the procedure called in commit_trans procedure is also having series of blocks with proper exception. no problem with exception handling. Suppose an exception is happened in get_rows procedure and specific exception will be raised for sure and the form should stopped there because i have used 'raise form_trigger_failure'. but it is not going the same way, the exception raised of the specific block (it is normal) and it is not stopped there and the exception of the outer most procedure is also raised.

Can somebody explain me why the outer most exception is raised and why it is not stopped there where the exception is raised.
Re: which exception to caught [message #563312 is a reply to message #563308] Sun, 12 August 2012 09:55 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Form_trigger_failure is an exception.
If you've raised it in get_rows then the exception block above will catch it.
Previous Topic: Date Function Ora-01841(full) year must be between
Next Topic: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred + Form Not Created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 15:52:14 CDT 2024