Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Go Block Not Working (Oracle Form 6i)
Go Block Not Working [message #566616] Tue, 18 September 2012 02:11 Go to next message
cvs_1984

Hi,

In a Entry Screen I Require to Check the Value is Changed or not in a Block (A).

If the Value is Changed then Require to done some validation in another block (B) for take the
final entry date and their after going to another Block (C), here user require to enter Some data
in it.

I am Using the When Timer Expired in the Block (A) for Check the Value and Going Another
block, it working till going another after complete the entry Block (C) I have using a Button for
move to Main Block (A), but it not going to the consign block and then i put the Message in it,
the message is showing, but not going to the block.

Kindly Guidance me to solve the Issue.

Regards,

C V S
  • Attachment: untitled.JPG
    (Size: 78.16KB, Downloaded 782 times)
Re: Go Block Not Working [message #567483 is a reply to message #566616] Tue, 02 October 2012 01:22 Go to previous message
uzairawan
To return to Main Block (as desired) just put an alert in your last working block where from you want to return to main block. And apply an message on that alert that will automatically divert you to the main block, suppose A block.

/* suppose empno is mandatory field of your last block and if it is null then your cursor should automatically divert to empno else system will automatically commit the record, clear the form and divert you to the main form.
First create an alert,suppose alert name is 'B'
Then follow below code.
*/

declare
a number;
begin
if :empno is null then
a := B;
go_item ('empno');
else
commit;
clear_form;